Pictured Left to Right: Mitchell Wibe, Levi Becker, Trenton Erbele, Allen Heins, Hess ND General Manager Brent Lohnes, Annaliese Rauschenberger, Lydia Repnow, Breanna Vosberg, Samantha Meehl
Eight North Dakota 4-H and FFA high School seniors have been selected to receive a total of $40,000 in scholarships from Hess Corporation awarded through the North Dakota State Fair Foundation (NDSF). All awardees are pursuing secondary education or training related to or in support of the community or the oil and gas industry.
Three $10,000 scholarship winners include: Allen Heins form New Salem, Trenton Erbele from Lehr, and Branna Vosberg from Center.
- Allen Heins has a deep passion for agriculture and the livestock industry. He will study animal and rangeland science at North Dakota State University. By learning about rangeland health, he plans to continue the longstanding collaboration between agriculture and the oil industry.
- Trenton Erbele will study electrical construction at North Dakota State College of Science. While attending school he plans on being employed at an industrial plant and then working towards being a master electrician.
- Breanna Vosberg plans on studying biology at Lake Region State College. She will then continue her education to become a chiropractor and that will allow her to support all the hard-working people of North Dakota.
Other scholarship winners receiving awards of $2,000 each include:
- Levi Becker from New Salem, will attend University of Mary to major in accounting
- Lydia Repnow form Minot, will attend Concordia College and double major in social studies education and sociology.
- Samantha Meehl from Oakes, will attend Bismarck State college to major in ag communications.
- Annaliese Rauschenberger from Minot, plans on majoring in crop and weed sciences at North Dakota State University.
- Mitchell Wibe from Rolette, will attend North Dakota State University to major in mechanical engineering.
The selection committee included NDSF Foundation development director and representatives form the NDSF Foundation board, and community leaders from across the state and 4-H/FFA volunteers.
“We are pleased to share that the scholarship recipients have been announced, and we extend our heartfelt congratulations to each of them. The ongoing partnership between Hess and the North Dakota State Fair Foundation is making a tangible impact on the young students of North Dakota for the third consecutive year.” Said Hess North Dakota General Manager Brent Lohnes. “It is truly inspiring to witness the positive influence these students have on their communities, both now and in the future.”
The scholarship winners were honored at an awards ceremony on Wednesday, July 26 in the Expo Barn and were recognized on the stage in front of the grandstand audience.